Parking Garage Karma

During our hospital stay we parked the car in the garage. We left Wednesday night after Carrie was discharged for a few hours and we went to see all the family congregating at the Farthing house but did not think about paying for parking until we were at the gate and he was asking for $20. On a whim I decided to act surprised that they did not take credit cards and feign the fact that we actually had a few dollars and some change because I was hoping for an easier way out. I really did not want to park, get out of the car, walk to and use the ATM (which was very very far away). Luckily, they wrote a bill to pay the next time we park and exited. Great! Karma was with us. But leaving the hospital with Elizabeth I decided that I would do the right thing and pay the bill, even though I was pretty sure we could make a clean getaway and that $20 could go to Elizabeth's college fund. I handed the new ticket and the bill to the lady at the gate but was not able to pay her. I was forced to park, make a Bataan death march to the parking garage office and pay the bill, which delayed me a maximum of three minutes. You just can't win with parking garages ...

0 comments: