Warning Labels


I've been really trying to get rid of deep congestion, cough, and sore throat for weeks. I'm really not feeling especially ill but instead just slightly annoyed (I can't sing the Seymour parts without sounding like I'm going through puberty). I suppose I should actually do something more about it. Well a few weeks ago I bought several types of congestion, cough, and deep clogging medicines (give me them all!). Many of the type that should come with a small cup to help pour. In Dhaka they don't have the little cups so I've been measuring doses with the patented Matt McEwen swig (I think that's the first time I've typed swig ... cool) technique.

Yesterday I was feeling particularly congestion so I took a rather large swig and 5-10 minutes later I was fighting the urge to fall asleep at my desk in mid-conversation (This normal behavior depending on whether or not mosquitoes got into the net last night). I really thought nothing of it until this morning when I took a medium swig and instantly felt tired again. I have now deduced that this bottle is the "PM" kind but since the label is in Bangali I can't really tell. I'll discontinue use, not because I don't want to sleep during school hours, but because my students were whispering things about playing pranks (April 1st) on me next time it happened.

0 comments: