One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

A bit late with this post ... but I finally have to put up some of the photos. It was an amazing experience (although one that completely physically and mentally drained me) with excellent acting talent across the board (these people gave everything over and beyond), a loud shouting insane but genius director, fabulous sets, superb lighting and sound, and overall my performance for a while. I think I'll concentrate on some other things. It was an incredible way to go out ... trust me it's hard acting crazy for 3 hours on stage!


The ward staff (all female cast) ... this worked out with some small alterations.

The crazies

Make-up .. thankfully it was not too overboard.

Peter gets lipstick!

Chief ... 1st time acting!

"what you talking about willis?" pose

McMurphy meets the Chief .. Billy (Berkly Mason) peeks on

Playing cards ... the new guy scares us a bit

Dialing in channel 4 .... the nuts go crazy

Chief and nurse (Chloe) staring out into something

Complaining about meds

The 'ceremony'

Shock therapy (in back) and chief roars ... still gives me chills. There's a nursery rhyme "wire, byre, limber lock ..." that is featured throughout the tale which Chief and McMurphy talk about. I recorded my 3rd grade students singing it and as the shock scene is played out and Chief starts roaring and singing it the lights go out and there are my students mildly creepy falsetto recording of them singing it.

One of the 20 lines throughout the play ... delivered with gusto!

"No playing ball in the ward!!" "But we got the championships next week!"

Peter and his "bomb"

Stealing cigs ... (we never smoked on stage but I was always sneaking a few into the pockets)

0 comments: